1.1We are pleased that you are visiting our website, and we thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about how your personal data is handled when you use our website. By "personal data" we mean any data with which you could be personally identified.
1.2The person responsible for data processing on this website, for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is Dr. Alex Schneider, President of the Board of Life4me.plus to fight AIDS, Hepatitis C and Tuberculosis e.V., Dragonerstrasse 53, 5600, Lenzburg, Switzerland Tel: 0041 62 892 24 90, e-mail: email@example.com. Registered at the Commercial Register Office (Handelsregisteramt) of the Canton of Aargau (Switzerland) under No. CHE-281.077.177. The person responsible for the processing of personal data is the natural person or legal entity who, alone or together with others, makes decisions regarding the purposes and means of processing personal data.
1.3For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the person responsible), this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the string "https://" and the lock icon in your browser's address bar.
1.4The processing and storage of the data provided take place in data centers in Slovakia, where the equipment is located to ensure the functioning of the site services. The provided data is processed and stored in a database. Technical methods are used to protect against unauthorized access to the database, including firewall and encryption.
When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files") or that is collected by our partners (e.g. Google Analytics) on our behalf. When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data sent, in bytes
- Source/reference from which you accessed the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (in anonymized form, where applicable)
Processing is carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR, based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. We reserve the right, however, to check the server log files subsequently, in the event that concrete evidence should indicate illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website more pleasant, and to enable you to use certain functions, we use so-called "cookies" on certain pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the browser session, that is, after you close your browser. These are known as "session cookies". Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us or our partner-companies ("third-party cookies") to recognize your browser on your next visit ("persistent cookies"). If cookies are used, they collect and process certain user information on an individual level, such as browser and location data, as well as IP addresses. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined period, which may vary depending on the cookie in question.
If personal data is also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR to preserve our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and efficient design of the page-visit.
In some circumstances, we work together with partners who help us to make our Internet offerings more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner-companies (third-party cookies) are also stored on your hard disk when you visit our website. If we work together with the above-mentioned partners, you will be informed individually and separately of the implementation of such cookies and the scope of information collected by them in the following paragraphs. Please note that you can adjust your browser's settings so that you are informed about the placement of cookies, allowing you to decide individually on whether to accept them or to deactivate the acceptance of cookies, either in certain cases or completely. Each browser differs in the way it handles cookie settings. This is described in the Help menu of each browser, which explains how to adjust your cookie settings. You can find these instructions for each browser under the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
Personal data is collected if contact is made with us (e.g. via contact form or email). In the case of contact forms, the data collected can be seen on the form in question. This data is stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your inquiry or for establishing contact, and for the technical administration associated therewith. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest in responding to your inquiry in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is regulation 6.1.b of the GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing, if you wish.
There are two forms of registration on the website https://life4me.plus/admin/sign-up: as a patient or as a doctor or social worker.
As a patient (consumer), no personal data is recorded during registration. Only the sex at birth, birth year, gender and country of the user are requested. No verification of this information is performed. The data is stored anonymously and used only for statistical purposes. No personal data is collected. Registration takes place and data is transferred when you click on the button labeled "Registration". Then Life4me+ can be used immediately.
As a doctor or social worker, you can also fill out the registration form with personal data (name, specialty, address, etc.). Clicking on the "Registration" button will register you, and the data will be transferred to us. You will receive the following message by e-mail: "Your request will be reviewed by the web administrator, and you will be notified of the result shortly." We will then check the accuracy of the information you entered. Your registration will be accepted only if this information is accurate. Should that be the case, you will receive an e-mail stating, "Your request has been approved." Then you can log in to our website and use our services as a doctor or social worker.
When you use our portal, we store your data (data necessary for the fulfillment of the contract) until you request its deletion. In addition, we store any data you voluntarily provide until you request its deletion. You can change all details in your personal account except for the assigned ID (for the patient or user) or e-mail address (for physicians or social workers) and the role assigned to the user (e.g. physician or social worker). The legal basis is regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR.
6.1Subscribing to our e-mail newsletter
By clicking on the confirmation link, you give us your consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with regulation 6.1.a of the GDPR. When you subscribe to the newsletter, we store your IP address as listed with the Internet Service Provider (ISP), as well as the date and time of subscription, so that we can trace any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later point in time. The data we collect when you register for the newsletter will be used exclusively for the purposes of advertising in the form of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by using the link provided in the newsletter, or by sending an appropriate message to the responsible party at the address above. After you unsubscribe, your e-mail address will be deactivated in our newsletter distribution list promptly, and it will no longer be used, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data, or unless we reserve the right to an extended use of your data which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this Privacy Statement.
6.2Newsletter dispatch via Elastic Email
For the purposes of analysis, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are one-pixel image files stored on Elastic Email's servers. This allows us to determine if a newsletter message has been opened and which links, if any, you click on. In addition, so-called "conversion tracking" can be used to analyze whether a pre-defined action has taken place after a link in the newsletter has been clicked. Technical information (e.g. time of access, IP address, browser type and operating system) is collected as well. The data is collected using pseudonyms exclusively, and is not linked to any further personal data of yours; direct association with information related to your personal identity is impossible. This data is used exclusively for statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to ensure that the content of future newsletters better matches the interests of recipients.
If you wish to object to analysis of this data for statistical evaluation purposes, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter.
We have negotiated an order-processing contract with ElasticEmail (https://elasticemail.com/resources/usage-policies/terms-of-use/) in which we obligate Elastic Email to protect our customers' data, and not to pass it on to third parties.
This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp()", which ensures anonymization of the IP address by shortening it, and precludes any direct association with an individual. Google will use this extension to shorten your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other states that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA, and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, this processing is carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR, on the legal basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for the purposes of marketing and optimization.
On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide us with other services relating to website usage and Internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not amalgamated with other data from Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser application accordingly; however, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to the full extent if you do so. You can also prevent Google from acquiring and processing cookie-generated data relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
As an alternative to the browser plugin, or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link to place an opt-out-cookie that prevents Google Analytics from collecting data within this website in the future (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser, and only for this domain; if you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click the following link again): disable Google Analytics.
7.2Yandex Metrica (Yandex LLC)
Consistent with the above-mentioned interests, information generated by the cookie (including the pseudonymized IP address) is transmitted to a Yandex server in the Russian Federation and stored there.
The data collected using Yandex technology will at no time be used to personally identify the user of this website without the explicitly granted approval of the user concerned, nor will such data be combined with personal data pertaining to the bearer of the pseudonym.
If you wish to deactivate cookie-generated analysis of user behavior, you can set your browser so that you are informed about the placement of cookies, and so that you can decide whether to accept each cookie or to preclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or completely.
Alternatively, you may opt out of future collection of data by Yandex by having an opt-out add-on installed; this add-on can be obtained from the following website: https://yandex.com/support/metrica/general/opt-out.xml
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified with the US-European data-protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
As soon as you open sub-pages in which the Google Maps map is integrated, information about your use of our website (such as your IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the USA, and stored there. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user-account via which you are logged in or no user-account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want this action to be associated with your Google profile, you must first log out of your Google account before clicking the link. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as a usage profile, and analyzes it. The collection, storage and analysis are carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR on the basis of Google's legitimate interests in the display of personalized advertising, market research and/or the demand-based design of Google websites. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; if you do, you must contact Google to exercise this right.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified with the US-European data-protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
9.1With regard to the processing of your personal data, the applicable data-protection law grants you comprehensive rights (rights of information and intervention) as a "data subject", in your relationship with the "data controller". We inform you about these rights below:
- Right to information, pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR: Most notably, you have a right to information regarding your personal data processed by us, the purposes of this processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, appeal to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us from you, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, significant information regarding the reasoning involved and the scope and desired effects of such processing concerning you, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees contained in Article 46 of the GDPR when your data is redirected to third countries;
- Right to correction, in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR: You have the right to immediate correction of incorrect data relating to you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to deletion in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR: You have the right to demand deletion of your personal data when the conditions of Article 17, paragraph 1 of the GDPR are met. However, this right shall not exist, in particular, if the processing is essential to the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information or to compliance with a legal obligation, or if processing is necessary for reasons of public interest, or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to restrict the processing pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR: 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the contested accuracy of your data is verified, if you refuse to delete your data due to impermissible data-processing and, instead, request restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, once we no longer need this data after its purpose has been served or if you have filed an objection for reasons based on your specific situation, as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons outweigh this;
- Right to notification, pursuant to Article 19 of the GDPR: If you have asserted your right to correction, deletion or restriction of processing to the data controller, that party is obliged to inform all recipients to whom personal data that concerns you has been disclosed of this data-correction, data-deletion or processing-restriction, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. It is your right to be informed regarding such recipients;
- Right to data portability, pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller, if this is technically feasible;
- Right to withdrawal of consent pursuant to Article 7, paragraph 3 of the GDPR: You have the right to withdraw previously issued consent to the processing of data at any time, with effect for the future. If you withdraw consent, we will promptly delete the data concerned, provided that there is no legal basis for us to process the data further without your consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the legality of processing based on consent before the withdrawal thereof;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR: If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR, you have the right - irrespective of any other administrative or judicial remedy - to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, specifically, in the member state in which you reside, work or where the suspected infringement took place.
9.2RIGHT OF OBJECTION
IF, WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING AT ANY TIME, WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE, ON GROUNDS ARISING FROM YOUR SPECIFIC SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS FOR PROCESSING WHICH ARE WORTHY OF PROTECTION AND WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL RIGHTS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH ADVERTISING. THE USER CAN EXERCISE THE RIGHT OF OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT-MARKETING PURPOSES.
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the legal retention period in question (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After the expiration of this period, the data in question is routinely deleted, provided that it is no longer necessary for contract-fulfillment or -initiation, and/or provided that we have no legitimate interest in continuing to store it.
Should you decide to make a donation, payment will be made via the payment-service provider Payrexx AG, Burgstrasse 18, CH-3600 Thun. Your payment data (e.g. payment amount, details of the payee) and your confirmation of payment-data accuracy will be collected, processed and transmitted to your bank by Payrexx AG to complete the Payrexx payment, in accordance with regulation 6.1.b of the GDPR. Such processing shall take place only to the extent that it is actually necessary for the completion of the payment. Payrexx AG then authenticates the payment using the authentication procedure stored for you at your bank. Further information on the transfer and processing of your data can be found in the paydirekt data-protection declaration, which you can view at the following URL: https://www.payrexx.ch/en/legal/.